Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Smoke Gets in Your Eyes

While grilling chicken breasts for dinner, I noticed a haze in the air and could smell wood smoke.  I mentioned this to a friend of mine, via text, and really didn't think much of it anymore.  That is, until my husband came home from work and asked me if I knew why it was so hazy.  I told him I just thought someone was burning brush.  He said the local news had a story that we may be seeing smoke from the wild fires in Canada!  That just seems so far fetched, but it is possible, I guess.  I went online and sure enough, there was a path of the smoke on NOAA's webpage and we were in it!

Just like when hurricane Isaac happened and we were getting rain from it, you just never know what's going to happen.  Who would have thought of wild fire smoke or hurricane winds and rain in Illinois?

No comments: