Wednesday, July 29, 2015

Sewing on Polly


Remember when I brought this Singer 15-91 home a while back?  I decided to keep her on the main floor of the house, not upstairs with most of the herd.  She's a sweet, simple machine and I really enjoy sewing on her.  I named her Polly, after my grandmother who was named Pauline.  Grandma was one of the main influences on me with sewing.

Last night it was terribly hot upstairs, especially after I made dinner (all the heat from the kitchen goes right up the steps and lingers there).  I couldn't have stayed up there to sew if I had wanted to.  Yes, there is a window a/c unit in the adjoining room, but it takes too long to really cool off and I wanted to sew sometime before midnight.  So I decided to sew on Polly.  I worked on the bags for the game and ended up making enough bags for two sets (16 bags) for an hour and a half.  They needed to be turned right side out and filled, then they will need the opening sewn shut.  Hoping to get to that tonight when I get home.  Ev is just going to put the word out that I make these bags, so I'm not going up to Tilley's.  I really wasn't too keen on going up there alone, and this solves that issue!

I also thought I might sew those tops together with the four patch strip blocks on Polly.  Might as well, since they are all ready to go.

1 comment:

Dora, the Quilter said...

I love my 15-91, although I don't often sew with electricity. I made some really wonderful quilts on mine. (Right now it's serving as a bedside table!)