Thursday, May 28, 2015

Almost Done

Last night I took this picture quickly so it's a little blurry.  This is the third top for the nursing homes with the four patch strips.  I have just two more rows to sew together and it will be done.  Shouldn't take long at all.  Then I get to do something fun like picking out the material for the background on the next one!

That machine in the background is not the one I'm sewing on, but it's similar.  I have three old Kenmore machines.  The one I'm using right now was my grandmother's.  The one in this picture was purchased from an antique store, and the third one is the one I sewed on for many years that I received new back in the 1980's.

I actually got my Kenmore from my grandma and grandpa for Christmas one year.  I think Gram must have liked the way hers sewed and thought it would be a good machine for me.  It really was and I have sewn many garments and many quilts on it, and quite a few quilts on her machine.

Right now I have to get myself moving on hemming three pair of jeans for Ben.  I really don't like to mess with that kind of thing anymore, but once I get started I know it won't take long to do.  It's just getting them measured and cut that takes the longest.

No comments: