Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Welcome to the Grand Illusion...

Come on in and see what's happening...

Corny, I know.  Styx lyrics for a quilting pattern.  I'm showing my age here.  I'm also showing my fabrics for the Grand Illusion Mystery.
I haven't started sewing on the mystery yet, but I do have the red and blue strips cut for the half square triangle blocks.  Have to remember how to use that Easy Angle ruler.  Might have to watch Bonnie's video again.  Here's the website for clue #1:

http://quiltville.blogspot.com/2014/12/mystery-monday-link-up-part-1.html

The black fabric came from some stash I bought when someone was clearing out a storage locker.  The red, blue, and yellow all came from Miller's Dry Goods over in Arthur, IL.  I've said it before - I just love that place!  Mary and Marla and I all met there in October for a girls' day out.  Sure had a good time.  Maybe next time I can drag Sandy with.

Isn't it funny how quilters become friends?  Sandy and I were at a garage sale a few years ago looking at quilting stuff and started talking.  Since then we have become good friends!  Marla and I both attended one of Bonnie Hunter's workshops and now we are good friends, too.  And Mary I've known since grade school.  She wasn't a quilter until recently and now she's got the bug real bad...  Hee hee, I've corrupted her!

2 comments:

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love your color choice for grand illusion.

horsnaround said...

I would LOVE to join you girls on a trip to Arthur some time! :)