Monday, December 1, 2014

Quilting away

One of my biggest roadblocks is trying to decide what to quilt once I get the top loaded on Gemma.  The spiderweb string was fairly easy to decide because the pieces somewhat dictated what to do.  The next quilt was a blank slate.
It intimidates me to see these big blank spaces.  I just had no clue what to do.  After staring at it for a bit, I thought maybe I would put feathers in the borders.
Do you see my glaringly obvious error?  I quilted one side of the feathers up and the other side of the feathers down!  Either that bird is in one heck of a wind storm, or he needs some serious grooming... Oh well, I just left it and moved on.  This top is not going to be shown in Paducah or Houston!

I decided to make flowers and vines in the squares.  They turned out okay.  I don't like all the starting and stopping so I tried to plan the quilting so I could do two blocks continuously.
I finished quilting this one Sunday morning.

1 comment:

Mimi said...

Feathers up and down? How about you just made a design decision and no one has to be the wiser.