Sunday, December 14, 2014

My personal quilt show - Part 2!

I got to the bottom of the last post and it wouldn't let me add any more pics, so I guess I reached the limit!  Anyway, here are the rest of the nursing home quilts:
This was the quickest top I made.  The center is a preprinted panel.  I liked it because it looks like a window.  The large floral border was a piece that was just those long wide stripes of flowers.  I didn't have enough to go all the way around, so I used something else in the cornerstones.  There is a bit of a blue and white print in the other two borders.
 The back was a medium green print that has been in my stash for too long.  It was time to use it up!  Since it needed to be wider, the light green solid helped it out.
Close up of the quilting shows the cornerstone has a large flower.  I like to think that it looks a bit like a chrysanthemum.  And yes, I had to spell check how to spell 'chrysanthemum'!  haha.
 The Rail Fence quilt.  At least that's what I call it.  Dora suggested it may have another name since it's more than three rails.  Anyone know for sure?  I tried to pull colors for the stripes from the middle print fabric. 
Same stash green that needed to be on its way for the backing.  So glad to get some of this stash moved out!
 In each of the blocks I just went back and forth, then switched direction for the next block.
 The chopped block quilt.  This was a Missouri Star tutorial.  I liked the block, but it did take a bit of time.
 More of the red and white for the back.
Back and forth lines, changing directions in each block for the quilting.  Feathers in the border with a filler in the stem area.

Hope you enjoyed all the pics!

No comments: