Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Meat loaf, meat loaf, furry furry beet loaf...

When the kids were little we would make up silly rhymes and this dorky meat loaf rhyme was one of them.  It has stood the test of time because we still chant it once in a while when we are having meat loaf!  (This particular rhyme originated from the scene in A Christmas Story).
That's what we had for dinner last night.  Plus leftover mashed potatoes and green bean casserole, and a can of corn.  Turned out to be pretty good eats.

I was checking out Connecting Threads website earlier.  They have some good deals on thread that are ending today.  Not able to get anything right now, but if anyone is in need of thread, now's the time to get it. Connecting Threads Essentials are my favorites to work with and they do very well on Gemma.

While making these nursing home tops is time consuming, it is also fun to choose backings and threads from my stash.  And we all know I have a big stash.  hee hee hee.  I've kind of given myself permission to use some of the threads that I might not have enough of.  If I run out, I can switch to something else and it will be no harm, no foul.  A design decision!

I've been emptying the bobbins from the longarm by using them as top thread on my domestic machine when piecing.  That works out quite well, especially when it's something that the thread color doesn't matter on, such as those string blocks.

No comments: