Thursday, December 11, 2014

Half way there!

Oh, I am so close to being done with the nursing home quilts!  Woohoo!  Last night I finished binding two more.  I have 4 done and 4 to go.  Yes, I know I started out needing 9 but it's down to 8.  The quilt recipients are nursing home patients.  I'm sure you can figure it out...

Anyway, back to the quilts.  Still doing the binding on the Singer 15-91 that was brand new in good ol' 1953.  It is a bit clanky sounding, so I put some oil where I thought it should go on the underside.  Will see if this helps tonight when I start sewing again.  May need to take the face plate off and oil in there, too.

This was the last of the three Carpenter Star quilts being bound.  I had planned to watch Quilt Cam while working on them, but Bonnie had some technical difficulties.  Worked out fine, though, for me, because I just kept on sewing.  Would like to get 2 done tonight if possible.  Oh happy day when they will be completed.

Have I mentioned the deadline for them is Sunday morning?

hee hee hee.

And darling hubby has been so patient with me.  I have left the sewing machine out, rather than putting her down in her cabinet, every night.  He says he is not bothered by it at all.  I am able to sew for longer periods of time when I use that machine on the main floor because I can keep a good eye on the dog and there is less for her to get into.

I am thinking of naming this machine "Polly".  My grandma on my dad's side was Pauline.  I heard her called Polly quite a bit.  The featherweight machine is Grace, the longarm is Gemma.  Yes, I think this little gal will be Polly.  Gram would get a kick out of that, I think.

No comments: