Friday, December 5, 2014

Friday finally got here

Yesterday was an interesting day.  I had received a letter to report for jury duty on that date.  I ended up going, but not getting picked, so I'm off the hook for now.

When I got home, I loaded a double back on Gemma and one of the Carpenter Star tops.  I have it just about finished.  Maybe 10 more minutes and it will be done and I can load a second top.

In the border I'm doing my hooked feathers.  It's my go-to feather.  Not what I should be practicing, but it's feathers at least!

The color of the thread is labelled 'fuchsia' but to me it looks more like a raspberry color.  It goes well with the top.

In the center of the top I am just quilting swirls.  I'm actually very pleased with the way they are turning out.

So nothing fancy, but I like it.  I have to leave post it notes on the top where I have to change directions of the feathers, though!  haha

No comments: