Friday, September 12, 2014

Little bit of this and that

Last night was a good night to get a little bit of everything done.  I went straight from the office to the animal shelter to see our puppy-to-be.  She had gone to the vet yesterday and received a good report.  Her leg is in a soft cast now and next week that should be off and her stitches should be removed.  We are supposed to be able to get her on Thursday, the 18th!  I can hardly wait!

Made some breakfast sausages and eggs for Ev for dinner.  I didn't feel like eating much.  Then Nick came over and I did a load of his laundry and made him a grilled cheese sandwich.

I got all but a 4' section of the tack strip pulled up.  This last bit is behind the t.v. and I am going to try and get it up tonight.

I did spend about 20 minutes in the sewing room.  I sewed all the strips together for the first border on Roses in the Snow.  Might get that put on tonight if I have time.

And I did a couple loads of our laundry.  One thing I washed was an old quilt top made from jeans.  I'm hoping to repair the top and put a new batting and backing together with it.  It was so comfortable when it was still useable.  The backing just fell apart from hard use and repeated washings.  I think while I'm sitting in front of the t.v. I'll pick at it to get the old stitching and stuff off of it.  No hurry to get it done, really.

No comments: