Friday, August 8, 2014

High Speed Car Chase

This has nothing at all to do with quilting, with the possible exception that I was on my way home from work to do some quilting...

Wednesday night I left work around 4:30 and headed home on Old Route 66.  While driving South on this 2 lane road, a car coming towards me going North suddenly gets all the way into the ditch, with none of their tires even touching the pavement.  I thought this was strange and then I hear this very loud "vrooom" like a car accelerating and all of a sudden here's this corvette flying past me, doing probably 100 mph, and there's a police car chasing it with it's lights and sirens going.  I pulled over, as did the traffic behind me.  We all waited a bit, thinking another police car would be coming by, then pulled out again.  It wasn't two minutes and another police car came up behind me, giving chase too.

Here's the article from the Litchfield News Herald.  I think they were in a hurry to get it into print because there are grammar errors, but you get the gist of it:

I'm sure you have to blow this picture up to read it, and I apologize that I'm not more tech savvy to get it from a picture to print. 

I will say, it shook me up when it happened!  Glad the guy was caught!

No comments: