Sunday, August 17, 2014

Book order

Not really quilt related, but I did want to share an experience I had today.  I called Barnes and Noble's bookstore that is closest to me (an hour away...) to see if they had a particular book in stock.  I wanted to take a ride down there and pick it up, however they did not have it in stock.  The gal on the phone was very kind and ordered it for me at the online price, plus gave me a discount, and it is being shipped to the house.  Yes, I could have done all of that online, but this way it kept the sale at a local level, which is important. 

During the conversation I had with the lady at BN we ended up discussing dogs, so you can figure where this led.  The gal was so nice, and so sweet, she actually asked me if she could call me in a week or two to see how everything was going. 

I was so impressed with the level of service and the personal attention that I received, I am planning on sending the store a letter telling them what a wonderful employee they have with her.

Not too often you actually find someone like that anymore.

For those interested in Ivy's condition, she is holding her own.  She is taking steroids to reduce swelling and lessen pain.  She doesn't have the energy she normally had, but doesn't seem to be in pain.  She lays around and sleeps most of the time.  We are giving her extra treats and extra lovin'.  Everett and I had vacation time this week and were considering going out of town overnight one night.  I don't know if we will do that or not, because we would be taking Ivy with us and I don't know how comfortable she would be traveling.  We are just taking that day by day.

1 comment:

Andee said...

Sometimes the kindness of a stranger can turn around a whole day!