Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Light it up

A week or so ago, Bonnie Hunter mentioned a magnetic light she is using on her machines that have a metal plate on them.  She might have mentioned she got hers at Lowe's, but I'm not certain.  Anyway, when I looked online at Lowe's, they were a bit more expensive than I was willing to pay.  After re-reading the post on Bonnie's blog and the comments that followed, someone mentioned getting theirs at Wal Mart for $4.  Guess what I got today...

How cool is this?  One of the reasons I don't use my Featherweight as much as I could is because the light on it either has a bad connection or I'm not seating the bulb correctly and the light goes on and off at will.  Hopefully this little gadget will do the trick.  I am also hoping it will work on one of my machines upstairs.  I use my old Kenmore quite a bit, and it's light works very well, however I also have another light over my work area that I would like to leave off during the summer months because of the temperature in that room.  If this little light sheds enough extra light on the work area, I will really be a happy camper!  It's very small, less than 3" across the top.

And, if all else fails and it doesn't work for either machine, I will use it for it's intended purpose - on the grill at night...  :)

Last night I made a huge pot of spaghetti sauce, noodles, and garlic bread for dinner.  After I had it all put together, I went upstairs and cut binding strips for the Packer's quilt.  Then I sewed them together.  They are now ready to be attached to the quilt with the label. 

I'm thinking that after this quilt is done I'm going to do something really fun.  Been wanting to make a summer wall hanging for a while, so I might just do that!  Will see how I feel.

When I was walking from my car to work this morning, this is what I saw in the rocks alongside of the building...

It's a pretty big ol' crawdaddy, or just his shell, not really sure which.  If it's still there when I leave tonight, I'm going to pick him up and take him home to show Johnathon this weekend.

One of the reasons I was looking in those rocks by the building to begin with is that yesterday there was a very large snake in one of the bushes right there!  I did not see the snake, but two others did.


1 comment:

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

I'm pretty sure that there's no metal parts on my machine to use a light like that. But I sure could use more lighting! These old eyes just don't see like they used to ... my hubby swears that my sewing room looks like an airport runway! ha!