Friday, July 11, 2014

Daydreaming

Just daydreaming about what my next quilt is going to be...  Have just a bit to do and the Packer's quilt will be done.  Then I am thinking I might put one of the tops on the frame, like the Paducah Swap or maybe my Roll Roll Cotton Boll. 

I also need to start on the quilts for the nursing homes at Christmas.  That will sneak up on me fast.  It always does.

When I went home for lunch today I was just a few blocks from home when I got stuck at a railroad crossing waiting for a train.  The gates were going down just as I pulled up to it, so I put the car in park and proceeded to count the train cars...  This has been a passtime of mine for years, living in a rural community where it's pretty frequent that you get stopped by a train.  This particular train had three engines and every car was a trailer transport with a double stack unit on it.  Some were Maersk Line, like what go on the big ocean liners.  There were 142 trailer tran cars.  I often speculate about what is in those containers and how much $$$ worth of goods is passing before me.

Next Saturday we are planning to go to Arthur.  I'm looking forward to it!  Hope the weather is nice.

2 comments:

Dora, the Quilter said...

When I lived in a couple of town where we waited on trains, I used to count the cars too!--and imagine stories about the freight!

Ooooooo, I wish I could meet you in Arthur!

Unknown said...

Can't wait to go to Arthur!