Thursday, April 3, 2014

Stormy weather

Last night we had some thunderstorms roll through the area and are expecting some even more severe storms today and tonight. 

I was able to finish the tee shirt quilt last night!  whoopee!  The binding is on it and it is ready to go to it's new home.  I'm glad it's all done, because I have the next customer quilt ready to go (even if she FORGOT something---you know who you are!  :)..heehee)   And on my way home from work last night one of the ladies from church called to say she has the top ready to be quilted for the raffle.  I will be picking that up tonight on my way home from work.  That won't be a paying job, but may generate some business.  I intend to leave some of my cards with the quilt so that when it is displayed for the raffle people can pick them up if interested in my services.

My goal is to get the next quilt on the frame and at least part way done this weekend, if not completely done.  At any rate, as long as I have it done before Paducah, I will be happy.  I don't really plan to start the church one until after my trip.

Mom asked me again about making a quilt for her friends grandson.  I don't know what size, colors, pattern, or what age the grandson is, so that is something I can't work on until I have more information.

Bonnie Hunter had 'quiltcam' again last night.  I was already done with the binding on the tee shirt quilt, which I did upstairs while the cleaning ladies were working their magic.  Have I mentioned how much I love having someone clean my house?  I actually felt justified in the fact that they were cleaning while I was technically 'working' on something I would get paid for.  Anyway, my sewing for the evening was finished by the time quiltcam came on, so I sat down and did some knitting while I watched.  I think I am really getting the hang of it!  Hope to get enough made so I can give my daughter some for Easter and to take a couple for my friends when we are in Paducah.

No comments: