Monday, April 21, 2014

Easter Monday

I hope everyone had a wonderful and blessed Easter weekend.  We sure did.  I appologize for my absence, but we had family obligations that took precedence over blogland...  But I'm back now!

Good Friday Ev and I did a lot of yard work, including removing a creature that decided it's final resting place would be beneath our front porch - seems to be a pattern here with felines.  Oh what fun that was.  All is well now.  It was a neighborhood stray, but I still felt bad for the poor guy.

We ended up at Tilley's for fish dinners on Friday, which was a nice treat.

Saturday we had the kids all over for dinner.  Johanna, Ben, and Johnathon came early in the day and we had an egg hunt, then a big ham dinner with all the trimmings.  They had to leave around 3.  Nick was there for the early dinner, too, as were our neighbor and his daughter.  When we finished eating, the guys all went for a nice long motorcycle ride.  I cleaned up the kitchen then got ready for another dinner after 6 when Nick's girlfriend was coming over.  She had to work all day and this was the only time she could come.  We had chicken the second time around.  Needless to say, we have a lot of leftovers!

Saturday night was the only bad spot.  Johanna ended up in the emergency room with severe pains in her stomach.  She is doing a bit better now, but has to go see her regular doctor.  Couple things going on there, but nothing that can't be resolved.

Sunday we went out to my dad's for an egg hunt and dinner around 1.  Left fairly early.  I went to see how Johanna was doing then just lazed around the house the rest of the afternoon.  And with all those leftovers, Ev decides he wants a cheeseburger from Tilley's!  So we headed up there for dinner.  It was a nice ending to a nice weekend, all in all.

Now I'm chomping at the bit to get these two work days behind me so we can head down to Paducah on Wednesday!  woohoo! 

No comments: